Will the PVC/Vinyl mildew?
Mildew feeds off of organic materials. Vinyl (PVC/Vinyl) is non-organic and therefore does not support mildew. Mildew that grows on Vinyl is actual feeding off of the organic materials (dirt) that have become embedded in or stuck to the vinyl. All of our PVC/Vinyl profiles have a smooth, non-porous surface that makes it very difficult for organic materials or mildew to attach to. Non-chalking Titanium Dioxide (TiO2), which is included in the PVC/Vinyl compound, also helps to prevent most mildew growth. Only under very consistently damp conditions will the possibility of mildew occur and a mild solution of bleach and water will easily remove it.
More Frequently Asked Questions
- Does it matter if a PVC/Vinyl fence touches the ground?
- What about composite fencing?
- What do you recommend for helping the posts last longer?
- Does Velocity Vinyl offer a choice of post caps?
- Will a PVC/Vinyl fence move in the wind?