How is PVC/Vinyl made?
PVC/Vinyl powder (Resin) is blended, with all the required ingredients, into a formulation that is called compound. Compound is fed into an extruder, with the proper amount of heat, pressure and mixing via screws in the extruder, and the compound becomes malleable vinyl. Malleable vinyl is then fed through a die in the shape of the finished profile and water is used to cool the vinyl into it's final rigid state.
More Frequently Asked Questions
- Does it matter if a PVC/Vinyl fence touches the ground?
- What about composite fencing?
- What do you recommend for helping the posts last longer?
- Does Velocity Vinyl offer a choice of post caps?
- Will a PVC/Vinyl fence move in the wind?