How does the cost of PVC/Vinyl compare to the cost of wood?
The initial cost of PVC/Vinyl is similar to the initial cost of Western Red Cedar left unstained. However, when all the varied cost factors are taken into account over the life of your fence, vinyl (PVC/Vinyl) becomes the true money saver. Factors such as having to replace the wood fence in 10-20 years,yearly maintenance costs (labor, paint, replacement boards, etc), and the effects on the environment because of arsenic in treated wood or the toxic chemicals needed to maintain a wood fence show that wood truly isn't as cost effective in the end.
More Frequently Asked Questions
- Does it matter if a PVC/Vinyl fence touches the ground?
- What about composite fencing?
- What do you recommend for helping the posts last longer?
- Does Velocity Vinyl offer a choice of post caps?
- Will a PVC/Vinyl fence move in the wind?